Friday, August 06, 2004

Parts!

So we have enough parts to start building this week!

I've selected (mostly out of economy) an Asus A7V8X-MX SE motherboard. Pablo Kang ahs graciously donated An AMD Athlon 1400, a chassis, and an ATI Radeon 7200. I've got 512 MB of PC2100 DDR RAM here, and my parents gave me my birthday gifts (Toshiba DVD/CD RW drive & a Western Digital 160GB drive) a couple days early.

Most of Pablo's parts make it possible for me to donate much more to the local school. I was going to use the older pentium 3 grade stuff I have around here to start, now all of that can be assembled into computers for Farallone View. I'm betting that all of these parts get replaced at some point along our journey. I'm getting this running on the cheap, but I want it to be nice when I'm finished.

Now all I need is an encoder card, but the Radeon 7200 has some capacity for that, so we mey get to use those features.

So now, I've got the MB and VGA mounted, I'll finish hanging the hardware later. For the moment I must sleep. I'm finally done messing with my two desktop systems and have them stabilized from the hardware failure of last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home