Friday, July 23, 2004

Dramatic First Post and Mission Statement

Oh the drama of a new blog... This page will be dedicated to describing the technical ins and outs of building a Personal Video Recorder from scratch. I'll be building it from off the shelf hardware, and (mostly) Open Source software.

To make this project different, I'll be working to create a user interface for the PVR uisng Laszlo Systems' LZX Language. This will require a different layer of software to be used for the UI than the other PVR packages out there.

Exciting Isn't it!?

So in the next few days I'll be pricing hardware, begging for donations, gathering information and sharing my findings with both my readers. The end result will be a working PVR and a how-to for other hackers and tweakers to build their own Laszlo PVR.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home